TFG1Mike’s Theatrical Adventures:
Wreck it Ralph
It took me a month and twenty days, but I finally went to the theater to see Wreck It Ralph. I took my mom to see it, and we both loved the film. It has an original story, at the same time homaging all the classic games. It has to be the BEST Video Game movie EVER!!!
Here’s the breakdown of the Voice Cast
- John C. Reilly as Wreck-It Ralph, the villain of Fix-It Felix, Jr.
- Sarah Silverman as Vanellope von Schweetz, a little-girl racer and glitch in Sugar Rush.
- Jack McBrayer as Fix-It Felix, Jr., the hero of Fix-It Felix, Jr.
- Jane Lynch as Sergeant Tamora Jean Calhoun, the lead character of Hero’s Duty.
- Alan Tudyk as King Candy/Turbo, the fake ruler of Sugar Rush who originally came from a game called Turbo Time.
- Mindy Kaling as Taffyta Muttonfudge, an accomplished racer in Sugar Rushand Vanellope’s nemesis.
- Joe Lo Truglio as Markowski, a Soldier in Hero’s Duty whom Ralph impersonates.
- Ed O’Neill as Mr. Litwak, owner of Litwak’s Family Fun Center & Arcade.
- Dennis Haysbert as General Hologram, a general in Hero’s Duty.
- Edie McClurg as Mary, a Nicelander who lives within the game Fix-It Felix, Jr.
- Raymond Persi as Mayor Gene, a Nicelander who lives within the game Fix-It Felix, Jr., and a Zombie (based on Cyril from House of the Dead) who attends the Bad-Anon support group.
- Jess Harnell as Don, a Nicelander who lives within the game Fix-It Felix, Jr.
- Rachael Harris as Deanna, a Nicelander who lives within the game Fix-It Felix, Jr.
- Skylar Astin as Roy, a Nicelander who lives within the game Fix-It Felix, Jr.
- Adam Carolla as Wynnchel, a doughnut that is a member of the Sugar Rushpolice station.
- Horatio Sanz as Duncan, a doughnut that is a member of the Sugar Rushpolice station.
- Maurice LaMarche as Root Beer Tapper, the bartender from Tapper.
- Stefanie Scott as Moppet Girl, a young arcade enthusiast.
- John DiMaggio as Beard Papa, a security guard at the Sugar Rush candy-kart factory.
- Rich Moore as Sour Bill, King Candy’s henchman, and Zangief fromStreet Fighter.
- Katie Lowes as Candlehead, a racer in Sugar Rush who works closely with Taffyta and Rancis.
- Jamie Elman as Rancis Fluggerbutter, a racer in Sugar Rush who works closely with Taffyta and Candlehead.
- Josie Trinidad as Jubileena Bing-Bing, a racer in Sugar Rush.
- Cymbre Walk as Crumbelina DiCaramello, a racer in Sugar Rush.
- Brandon Scott as Kohut, a soldier in Hero’s Duty.
- Tim Mertens as Dr. Brad Scott, a scientist and Sgt. Calhoun’s fiancé inHero’s Duty, who was eaten by Cy-Bugs. Nick Grimshaw voices Brad in the UK release.
- Kevin Deters as Clyde from Pac-Man.
- Gerald C. Rivers as M. Bison from Street Fighter.
- Martin Jarvis as Satine, a devil-like villain who attends the Bad-Anon support group.
- Brian Kesinger as a Cyborg (based on Kano from Mortal Kombat) who attends the Bad-Anon support group.
- Roger Craig Smith as Sonic from Sonic the Hedgehog.
- Phil Johnston as Surge Protector, Game Central Station security.
- Kyle Hebert as Ryu from Street Fighter.
- Reuben Langdon as Ken Masters from Street Fighter.
- Jamie Sparer Roberts as Yuni from Dance Dance Revolution.
Skrillex makes a non-speaking cameo as a DJ in Fix-It Felix, Jr
The story is based around Ralph, the bad guy in Fix It Felix Jr. Ralph just wants to be treated the same as everyone else. He doesn’t want the bad guy rep he has. I love how there is a Bad guy video game AA type meeting, I think that is very cool. It’s a unique way to tell the story.
The animation in Wreck It Ralph is top notch as always! Love all the game characters sprinkled throughout the game. Instead of a film that tries to adapt a video game, Wreck It Ralph tells it’s own story, with video game history everywhere. Vanellope might be a glitch, but the story shows you how differences amongst people are good, and can be used for more then just a “disease” I like how Ralph and Vanellope become friends through the fact that people around them dislike them. It is a very heartfelt and warm story. The music is awesome as well, not only does the fim have it’s own musical tracks, it also includes effects from Videogame history as well.
The voice acting is superb in this. When I heard Sarah Silverman was gonna be a voice in the movie, I had to do a HUGE Eyeroll. I’ve never really been a fan of her comedy. However Silverman as Vanellope is awesome!!!!! John C. Reilly as Ralph again is awesome. I had to actually look up Reilly on Wikipedia, because I wasn’t familiar with his work. When I did look him up, I realize oh right Buck Bretherton from Days Of Thunder. Reilly does an amazing job as Ralph, and the rest of the cast is great as well.
Everything about this film is great, there wasn’t a moment where I cringed at something that happened. I think because the film tells it’s own story, you don’t need to be a video game fan to like it. Everyone needs to see this in a theater!! I can’t wait to get the DVD or digital download when it releases in February.
Voice Acting: 10/10
Overall Rating: 10/10