MEDIA ALERT ** MEDIA ALERT ** MEDIA ALERT ** MEDIA ALERT ** MEDIA ALERT ** MEDIA ALERT
- Announced today by the Associated Press: https://apnews.com/56b3a45add69ae34f344f3045e67db3d
- The seventh season finale of NBC’s acclaimed drama, “The Blacklist,” airing May 15 (8p.m. ET/PT) is ending the season in style with a unique hybrid of live-action and graphic novel-style animation.
- The season’s 19th episode, entitled “The Kazanjian Brothers,” was midway into filming in New York when TV productions across the industry were halted due to COVID-19. Looking to do something out of the box to finish the episode and close out the season, producers came up with an idea to add graphic novel-style animation that would incorporate with the already filmed live-action scenes.
- Cast members recorded dialogue from their homes for the animated scenes to ensure a seamless transition between the two styles, as editors and animators complete their work remotely.
- Episode logline: The Task Force investigates an accountant who works for lucrative criminals in order to find the violent and thuggish brothers hired for his protection. Liz must make a momentous decision. Presented in a unique hybrid of live-action and graphic novel-style animation. Guest starring: Brian Dennehy, Laila Robins
- NBC announced in February that “The Blacklist” has been renewed for an eighth season. The 150th episode of the series will air May 8 (8 p.m. ET/PT)
- “The Blacklist” stars James Spader, Megan Boone, Diego Klattenhoff, Amir Arison, Hisham Tawfiq and Harry Lennix.
- John Eisendrath, Jon Bokenkamp, John Davis, John Fox, James Spader, Lukas Reiter, J.R. Orci, and Laura A. Benson serve as executive producers. “The Blacklist” is a production of Davis Entertainment in association with Sony Pictures Television and Universal Television.
PHOTO CREDIT: Copyright © 2020 Sony Pictures Television Inc. All rights reserved.
Proof, Inc Images Created By:
Supervisor – Matt Bauer
Modeler – Laura Frasnelli
Model, Texture and Lighting – Kate Gotfredson
Look Dev – Shahar Eldar
Layout & Animation – Stuart Allan
Sony Pictures Television
Media & Talent Relations