Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:24:32 — 58.1MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | https://www.geekcastradio.com/subscribe/
Destiny is the Key to the Geek. Our Trio return this week to discuss Destiny. Trek, Batfleck, 2 Film Parts and the various news articles. So join Steve and Mike who are joined by Mike “The Birdman” Dodd. All this and more on this week’s AGU! We hope you continue to enjoy the episodes and please feel free to respond to any and all feedback methods. We will read and reply on the show. Topic suggestions also welcome. So get Altered, Get Geeky with the Altered Geeks.
SHOW NOTES / COOL LINKS:
- CW President Teases Inter-Network Crossovers, More FLASH/ ARROW Spin-Offs es/1aEfdQ via @Newsarama
- Move over, Frozen: #OUAT has introduced yet another Disney property into the mix: ly/C3StV
- Dominic Cooper Officially Returning As Howard Stark In Agent Carter https://comicbook.com/2014/09/30/dominic-cooper-officially-returning-as-howard-stark-in-agent-car/
- Real space battles would be more ‘Asteroids’ than ‘Star Wars’ co/1rGelAG pic.twitter.com/muha4NYkRN
- Warner Bros. Wouldn’t Give Ben Affleck His Batsuit to/10ggf0r via @GeekTyrant pic.twitter.com/5P34bByoFP
- UPDATE: Deal Talk Lifts DreamWorks Animation Shares While Analysts Question Its Logic com/2014/09/dreamw… via @Deadline
- VOTD: ‘The Pixar Theory’ Explores a Possible Connection Between the Studio’s Films gl/Q7sED1 pic.twitter.com/TQ1JiypXaW
- William Shatner Confirms JJ Abrams Called him about Star Trek 3: com/2014/09/29/wil… #StarTrek #JJAbrams pic.twitter.com/hC9wqyQo9s
- Would Marvel Actually Split Avengers 3 Into Two Films? ly/1nmOGx6 #esc
- Party on: Co-stars confirm “Bill and Ted 3” on its way ws/1rpHJut
- Heroes Of The Storm Alpha Test – https://www.cinemablend.com/games/Heroes-Storm-Alpha-Test-Last-Phase-Dated-Wonder-Billie-Mount-Revealed-67555.html
- First look at the Chrome Storm Troopers in #StarWarsEpisodeVII /via @IndieRevolver twitter.com/gF9HDjAU9A
- Now you can study The @Avengers and the @Marvel universe at college: com/avengers-marve…
- This Lego Doom build will hurt you plenty https://www.geek.com/news/this-lego-doom-build-will-hurt-you-plenty-1605659/
- Disney was closing Maelstrom, now Disney To Close Studio Backlot Tour And How To #SaveWDW https://themeparkuniversity.com/editorial/disney-close-studio-backlot-tour-savewdw/
(NEW) Question of the Night:
- Name your questions and comments
Voicemail Line: 502-526-5821
Twitter: @GeekCastRadio@ Hashtag #AlteredGeek
Facebook: GeekCast Radio Network
Steve “Megatron” Phillips
Mike “Boothninja” Powers
Mike “The Birdman” Dodd
The changing of endings based on fan reaction is as old as stories themselves. Even literature greats like Charles Dickens changed the ending of books because of fan outrage. It has happened countless times in all different forms and shapes and sizes. Sometimes those changes are bad sometimes they are good. Its just the nature of telling stories for the masses.
Charles Dickens changed the ending of one of his books?
yes Great Expectations was originally released in pieces in a newspaper. When it ended on a down note people got upset. So a more upbeat ending was written.
This episode reminds me of why I can’t stand the gamer community. All they do is bitch and whine about everything like spoiled children yet still pay and play the games they are complaining about.
Sorry about that. Notice I was oddly silent lol. I have nothing to contribute on the fact of Destiny or the others mentioned. My small complaints with Diablo III were fixed when I got the expansion this weekend. The one time in Diablo history I feel like I don’t hate the add-on.
It is not an nag on you. Its more of an issue with that entire culture.
Ahh that I can see. However that goes for many fandoms. We watch what we hate because we like the franchise but despise a film. EX: Transformers.
I would say though that all the complaints about Destiny were 100% on point though. Just giving the truth from where I’m sitting.
I don’t doubt that. I simply don’t understand why people even play video games when all people do is complain 80% of the time about it. If something caused me that much strife I’d stop doing it.
If they don’t call the next Star Trek movie Star Trek: The Search for Future Spock they would be making a horrible mistake.
They could call it,
(mind you these are far fetched plays on things that pertain to Kirk)
Star Trek The Search for Kirk
Star Trek We Work For Kirk
Star Trek and The Captain of the Enterprise
Star Trek Age of Dissolution
Star Trek Nexus
Star Trek Nexus Maximus (bad TF joke)
Didn’t they explain why they are calling it Windows 10 not 9. Something about of a lot of old cold related to windows 95 and 98. Don’t know why they have to go to 10. I agree it would make more sense to just call it something else. It is the same issue I have with Apple calling it the iPhone 6. Its like the 80th iPhone.
Yeah I read something about that AFTER we recorded. But does make sense because of the 9x issue.