Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:23:33 — 76.5MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | https://www.geekcastradio.com/subscribe/
This episode is definitely EXPLICIT, but the discussions are great. The Birdman joins Steve Megatron this week. We talk the Breaking Bad Toy debacle, (SNL) Saturday Night Live and Jim Carrey, Censorship in Old Cartoons and the Marvel vs DC Film War! All this and more on this week’s AGU! We hope you continue to enjoy the episodes and please feel free to respond to any and all feedback methods. We will read and reply on the show. Topic suggestions also welcome. So get Altered, Get Geeky with the Altered Geeks.
SHOW NOTES / COOL LINKS:
- MTV adapting “Scream” horror movies into TV series. cbsn.ws/1nO1HQd
- @nbcsnl this week was awesome with @JimCarrey Loved the character throwbacks, the Lincoln Commercial and just the whole thing.
- Three new original shows on #Netflix coming in 2015: bit.ly/1oCZRCo
- New ‘Avengers 2’ Footage Premiering On ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ After Trailer Leak – wp.me/pguxy-2778 pic.twitter.com/Yzu0sFypJY
- EXCLUSIVE: #Marvel‘s #AgentCarter rounds out its cast with @LyndsyMFonseca! Learn her role: bit.ly/1vZOghB
- Geoff Johns on the DC TV/Movie universes: “We have our TV universe and our film universe, but they all co-exist.” pic.twitter.com/rLkKhQAiHN
- Gorilla Grodd Confirmed To Appear On The Flash comicbook.com/2014/10/23/gor… via @ComicBookdotcom
- UPDATED with concept art – 1st Look: AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.’s MOCKINGBIRD newsarama.com/22516-1st-look… pic.twitter.com/1XJISJriOF
- 3D Realms signals its return with 32-game anthology https://www.geek.com/games/3d-realms-signals-its-return-with-32-game-anthology-1607691/
- Electronic skin breakthrough makes it stretchy and transparent https://www.geek.com/chips/electronic-skin-breakthrough-makes-it-stretchy-and-transparent-1607816/
- Future Marvel Films pic.twitter.com/OqORoXCeny
- Marvel’s massive Phase Three announcement roadmaps films until 2020 https://www.geek.com/news/marvels-massive-phase-three-announcement-roadmaps-films-until-2020-1608035/
- Confirmed as our full look at Ultron via promo art. pic.twitter.com/FzMzur6zi6
- While I’m excited, it IS still 2 years away. – ‘Batman v Superman’ teaser trailer coming soon – batman-news.com/2014/10/23/rep… via @BatmanNewsCom
- All The ‘Dumb And Dumber’ Quotes You Should Still Be Using In Everyday Conversation buff.ly/1yZXmgS
- Paul Reubens Says Big PEE-WEE Movie Announcement Coming rant.to/1tbXozX — pic.twitter.com/f5NKPWrKYY
- trekmovie.com – Rick Berman hopes Star Trek 2016 is “closer to the movie we all want it to be” bit.ly/1uCJaU9
- The Nolan Bros. Aren’t Involved in DC’s Cineverse, So What Are They Up To? geektyrant.com/news/the-nolan… — pic.twitter.com/zb6KeEJXCZ
(NEW) Question of the Night:
- Art Danner – Twitter – So the Avengers trailer was cool……but it really seemed like something was missing. Also anyone else been waiting diligently for the Red Skull to be vomited out of the Tesseract since the end of the first Cap movie?
- So what do you think will win overall in the Marvel vs DC Film Universe War?
- So what are you dressing as for Halloween if you still do?
Voicemail Line: 502-526-5821
Twitter: @GeekCastRadio@ Hashtag #AlteredGeek
Facebook: GeekCast Radio Network
Steve “Megatron” Phillips
Mike “Birdman” Dodd
When did this entire Breaking Bad toy thing happen? I missed that completely. I bought a lot of toys from adult programming at Toys R Us so I don’t get the issue.
It happened within the last 2 weeks I think. I don’t see an issue if you’re an adult collector. Same time parents don’t want their kids to have it then don’t let her watch or buy it. Be parents. As adults we have the income most the time to buy stuff like this that we like.
Yea it’s not like the toys look offensive or have offensive language. So I don’t get what those Florida moms were up in arms about.
The plastic meth lol
I vote for Marvel when it comes to whose movies I am the most excited for. The are going all out bringing a wide range of characters to the big screen. DC is doing some cool stuff too. I kind of have the feeling their universe will stay Batman Superman centric. I like those characters I just don’t get all that excited for them. We have seen both a ton already.
in 36 years 1978-2014 we have seen Superman 6 times on the big screen. Not counting films yet to be released. In 25 years from 1989-2014 we have seen Batman on the big screen 7 times. :-) As I’ve stated online and on podcasts… at this point I just WANT to see the NEW DC films!!!! Marvel edges them out by a lot when it comes to the silver screen, because Marvel I feel is more active in what they are doing.
I wonder if DC should just do the opposite to marvel and concentrate on making one off movie franchises with batman, super man and green lantern and add a new charactor here or there. Once they have some success, then think about justice league etc. yes marvel is leaping ahead, but what happens in 15 years when they have told the current universes stories. Even now apart from his appearance in the avengers iron man will no longer get his own movie. And if the amazing Spider-Man shows anything it’s fans don’t want a soft reboot with a different origin and actor. We talked last year about over satiation of comic book movies, what will happen when DC and marvel go head to head with there team up films
they should just put personal differences aside and work together to create DC Vs Marvel!!! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_vs._Marvel
Ha ha ha thanks mike always good for a laugh. No seriously I think my shit is turning to gold
I think Marvel see’s the possible issue with over saturation and that is why they have moved away from making superhero movies and are now making movies with Superheroes in them. Guardians of the Galaxy has more in common with Star Wars than it does Batman. And Captain America: Winter Solider was a spy thriller with great action.
Agreed, the “comic book style” is changing, away from the batman and robins and towards cap 2. Note I haven’t seen guardians yet, went to see tmnt instead, I was familure with the charactors
Here’s the thing with the DC vs Marvel comparison. Marvel right now is so far ahead it’s really hard to compare them. Marvel is entering Phase 3 and DC is just trying to establish its universe. Not to mention Marvel is having one of its best years yet with Cap 2 and Guardians. DC on the other hand is still trying to get out of the shadow of Man of Steel. So how could you not point to Marvel and give them the edge. Let’s not sleep on DC though. They have freaking Batman going against freaking Superman. The two biggest superheroes of all time in one movie. If it ends up being good it can change the entire conversation. People will start looking at DC with more optimism.
The movie I see as the key for DC’s success is Suicide Squad. Can they finally make movie that is successful that does not star Batman or Superman. At this point I am not holding my breath.
I have faith in Suicide Squad because they pegged David Ayer to direct. He did an awesome job with Fury and End of Watch so I’m thinking Suicide Squad will be good.
This is the difference between DC and Warner Bros. and Marvel to me. Warner Bros announced its universe plans for the DC cinematic universe at a investors meeting. Marvel
invited fans (and media) to make an event out of it. Marvel is making these movies because they want to. DC is making these movies because they feel they have too.