Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:18:14 — 53.7MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | https://www.geekcastradio.com/subscribe/
Further Altering the Geeks this week we have Superheroes, Tech, Comcast, and Your Feedback! The topic of the night was the 1980’s Television. All this and more on this week’s AGU! We hope you continue to enjoy the episodes and please feel free to respond to any and all feedback methods. We will read and reply on the show. Topic suggestions also welcome. So get Altered, Get Geeky with the Altered Geeks.
SHOW NOTES / COOL LINKS:
- 17 X-Men: Days of Future Past Character Photos! wtch.it/6BRSM #XMen #DOFP @xmenmovies pic.twitter.com/NJZfKqAB5k
- Comcast-Time Warner merger is good for competition—and consumers: buswk.co/O5NZrp
- Donal Logue Talks GOTHAM Setting, Playing Harvey Bullock, Conflicts With Jim Gordon And More watchtowerofbabelnews.blogspot.com/2014/02/donal-…
- Episode VII model makers contracted for six films and potentially Indy 5 bit.ly/N6Xyp7
- Dear producers of #GOTHAM. No Joker, please. He’s a reaction to and should not come before #Batman. That is all.
- Google Wants Even Faster Fiber and Other News You Need to Know mashable.com/2014/02/14/goo… via @mashable
- Transformers Rise of the Dark Spark outed by retailer [update: ‘watch this space’] egmnow.com/articles/news/… via @EGMNOW
#batman #BatmanvsSuperman <3 pic.twitter.com/D9N34J7GCM
- Jada Pinkett Smith Cast as Gangster Fish Mooney in Fox’s Gotham bit.ly/1gG3TTt
- The FCC Is Going to Write All New Net Neutrality Rules
- One tweak can make your Windows PC virtually invulnerable | PCWorld https://www.pcworld.com/article/2098648/one-tweak-can-make-your-windows-pc-virtually-invulnerable.html
- Wireless System Could Offer a Private Fast Lane – https://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/19/technology/wireless-system-could-offer-a-private-fast-lane.html?_r=2
- Arkham Origins Blackgate hits PS3, 360, Wii U, PC April 1 https://sbn.to/1nQESFn
- 5.2 Ways “Batman: The Animated Series” Impacted the Dark Knight! | DC Comics https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2014/02/20/52-ways-batman-the-animated-series-impacted-the-dark-knight
- POWER LACES IN 2015! gizmodo.com/nike-designer-…
- Rumor Patrol: ‘Batman vs Superman’ Batsuit Reveal Coming Next Month screenrant.com/batman-vs-supe…
- @SuperPRGuy Bruce Timm style Batman the Animated series figures by DC Collectibles at NY Toy fair 2014 pic.twitter.com/4iD3EeJOR1
- @YouTube video youtu.be/us0HMWVPv_M?a Vanilla Ice – Go Ninja, Go Kraft Mac & Cheese commercial
- 1980’s TV
Voicemail Line: 502-526-5821
Facebook: GeekCast Radio Network
Steve “Megatron” Phillips
Mike “TFG1” Blanchard
I see what you guys are saying regarding not wanting Joker in the Gotham series. I don’t think I’d want him either, but I wonder will we get Batman or a form of Batman? I look at all of Batman’s villains as a reaction of Batman. If Penguin is in it, and can be defeated by the likes of Gordon does the hurt the need for Batman?
I don’t think that hurts the need for batman….. and as far as when will Bats show up… everything I’ve read about the series says that the goal is to have him show up by the series end…. but take that with a grain of salt, because most shows don’t make it through or past S1 these days
Regarding why Netflix doesn’t have new releases streaming there a bunch of reasons. For one studios won’t do that because it would kill their home media revenue, and the amount of money Netflix would have to pay to get movies to stream the day they are released would probably not be worth. Yes iTunes gets movies but iTunes also charges you for them. You can also get them on Amazon as well but they come at a cost. I’d love it if it would happen but I don’t expect it to.
Some people just don’t get how the world works.
(insert Dark Knight quote here)
I don’t think I get how the majority of the world works. But things that don’t matter like Netflix, I’m all over.
I’m the same way, lol.
so are you guys making fun of my thoughts or are you supporting them lol…. YES I get it about the money thing… it still sucks though lol
I’m not making fun of you just saying there’s a reason
Netflix doesn’t have new releases streaming for free or to be included with your monthly service. Why would people rent from Redbox or buy a DVD or Blu Ray if items were Streaming instantly? Studios would be shooting themselves in the foot if they did that. I’d love it but it would never happen.
yeah I get that. LOL Still it’d be awesome!
Netflix does get new release content on occasion. For example Blue is the Warmest Color just came out on Criterion this past week and its already streaming. Same happened with Frances Ha. They even get some docs before they come out on DVD or Blu Ray. Although many geeks may not be into that I prefer that method. I’ll see the blockbuster stuff anyways. I like getting access to stuff that is harder to come bye.
What did you guys think of the Guardians of the Galaxy trailer? Knowing you are more dc I’m curious to see.
I haven’t even watched it. I do love the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but moreso Iron Man, Cap, and the MCU Avengers team… I have never read the GOTG comics… and am just not interested in the characters.
I guess we can bring that up this week’s show. I have yet to watch it or Cap 2 Trailers.
the cap 2 trailers are great!!!!!!! Can’t wait for that movie!
I agree that trailer looks fun!
I’m not sure if I fall in line with the idea the Joker is a reaction to Batman. I always thought the Joker was a reaction to himself, and attracted to Batman because he finally found a kindred spirit who is similar to him but went the other way with it.
Well he did but he wasn’t created until that fateful event with Batman at Ace Chemical Plant.
That’s only one interpretation of the Joker. (One I don’t care for) But I agree don’t have the Joker. He shouldn’t show up in Gotham before Batman does. It’s like having the biggest boss on the first level.
I agree with Steve. That’s the version of Joker I prefer. Makes it more tragic. Batman is responsible for creating his greatest foe.
Joker without Batman is like eating a Jelly sandwich without peanut butter.