Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:30:43 — 62.3MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | https://www.geekcastradio.com/subscribe/
Steve, Birdman and TFG1 sit down together and talk Geek. We discuss retro TV, nostalgia, Tech, Microsoft, Films and more! So Thank you again to all who responded last week and we hope you join in the conversation this week as well. All this and more on this week’s AGU! We hope you continue to enjoy the episodes and please feel free to respond to any and all feedback methods. We will read and reply on the show. Topic suggestions also welcome. So get Altered, Get Geeky with the Altered Geeks.
- Arrow: Left Behind Trailer Asks What Happens Next https://comicbook.com/2015/01/08/arrow-left-behind-trailer-askas-what-happens-next/
- Watch an EXCLUSIVE clip from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, airing this Sun 11am ET/PT. facebook.com/video.php?v=10… pic.twitter.com/kxsucBKfvg
- Revenge of the Rogues Clip Teases Heat Wave, Captain Cold and Pied Piper comicbook.com/2015/01/08/the… pic.twitter.com/bgUICuaIT1
- Best of Late Night TV: Jimmy Fallon Blew His Shot to Date Nicole Kidman – The Moviefone Blog news.moviefone.com/2015/01/07/bes…
- “First look: ‘Last Man Standing’ hosts ‘Home Improvement’ reunion” insidetv.ew.com/2015/01/07/las… via @EW
- New Details on Arrow’s Upcoming Episodes Revealed – ComingSoon.net comingsoon.net/tv/news/396655…
- Is an Arrow Batman Crossover Possible? Exec Producer Says Maybe https://www.slashfilm.com/batman-arrow-crossover/
- British Actress Latest Super Girl Rumored for ‘Supergirl’ po.st/XrOvgx pic.twitter.com/PGkxbL0WsL
- AT&T joins the data rollover party, but there are restrictions on.mash.to/14qZ9P3
- Back to the Future’s shoe with power laces to come out in 2015 nerdreactor.com/2015/01/07/bac… pic.twitter.com/mu34rwJ6vh
- In the market for a Nintendo 3DS XL NES Edition? Snag one for $30 off: bit.ly/1BABqst pic.twitter.com/VsTT9yKJx3
- Intel’s Compute Stick puts Windows 8.1 on your TV for $149 engadget.com/2015/01/07/int… via @engadget
- Sharp’s new any-shape displays are coming to cars and a whole lot more engt.co/1ADwF1n pic.twitter.com/VeVaYUIbmO
- Introducing #RolloverData. The data you don’t use this month rolls over to next month. Visit soc.att.com/ATTRolloverDat… pic.twitter.com/QXieTbVCSi
- Microsoft’s new ‘Spartan’ web browser exposed techradar.com/news/internet/…
- This crazy looking piece of aluminum says it can put the lowly PC fan and heatsink out of a job – pcworld.com/video/46619/th…
- Sony is trying to make the Walkman cool again mashable.com/2015/01/05/son… via @mashable
- Razer Formally Unveils New Android-Based Micro Console – bit.ly/1AqeGtW pic.twitter.com/8usfv4PYh5
- Netflix Is Cracking Down On Pirating, Here Are The Details ift.tt/1ByVauR #tv
- Action Center is now Security and Maintenance on Windows 10 dlvr.it/7yScf5
- Batman v Superman trailer hitting next month with Jupiter Ascending fb.me/6XldyRgkf
- Trailer for Olivia Wilde’s Supernatural Film THE LAZARUS EFFECT rant.to/1AsmtK2 — pic.twitter.com/MBt6GZZmro
- Jeremy Renner Reprises Hawkeye Role in Mystery Project rant.to/1BzBWac — pic.twitter.com/wVuE64tsqz
- Funny “Jurassic Parks and Recreation” Parody Trailer rant.to/1BLzzPM — pic.twitter.com/OwoLgfjlVd
- Ant-Man’s First Trailer Is Here, And It’s Fantastic ift.tt/1FjYK1K #movies
- BOURNE 5 Gets a Release Date; Matt Damon Co-Writing the Script – geeklegacy.com/bourne-5-gets-… pic.twitter.com/E3HFbE95y5
- Excessive VFX? Why do they keep replacing live-action Apes with Motion Capture Dudes? pic.twitter.com/mHNyF9mZvp
- Scarlett Johansson will be in the live-action Ghost in the Shell movie theverge.com/e/7258346 pic.twitter.com/TbycdwKsbF
- Matthew Vaughn Says People “Have Had Enough” of Dark Superhero Movies rant.to/1rYvVlE — pic.twitter.com/5wW6ZRAO3Z
- Movie Finatic – Michael Bay Wants To Continue To Ruin Your Childhood. He’s On To The ThunderCats! moviefinatic.com/articles/micha… via @FanVsFan
- Roberto Orci reveals #StarTrek 3 will not use his script ow.ly/Gx5T2
- Check out The Most Hilariously Weird Film Rating Descriptions From the MPAA https://screencrush.com/the-most-hilariously-weird-film-rating-descriptions-from-the-mpaa/
- The New 52 Batman is now available for Legends! Check out the caped crusader’s new look today! bit.ly/14wWcgx pic.twitter.com/2cAfzCnT9I
- Power Girl loses her cleavage in new outfit nerdreactor.com/2015/01/07/pow… pic.twitter.com/N2YN3D0CPV
- Marvel Heroes as Drawn by Bruce Timm — GeekTyrant po.st/HQUnco via @GeekTyrant
- Nearly 2400 MS-DOS games are now playable in your browser shar.es/1H8n10 via @pc Gamer
- Saban Brands & Funtactix are joining forces to create Power Rangers: Unite! insidemobileapps.com/2015/01/06/fun… .
- NASA will pay you $18,000 to stay in bed for 70 straight days shar.es/1HEZVC via @ShareThis
- Greg Miller – I quit IGN. #KindaFunnyGames patreon.com/kindafunnygames pic.twitter.com/rICbbZ1crH
- Bob Evans restaurant mum on ‘Harry Potter’ star Daniel Radcliffe’s visit ow.ly/2SKqqf
- Three Lessons Today’s Shooters Can Learn From Doom gamespot.com/articles/three…
- All 50 Crazy Characters Playable in the New Super Smash Bros. gamespot.com/gallery/all-50…
- Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta Officially Launched dlvr.it/7ySd05
- Real Action Heroes 12″ DC New 52 Batman & Superman Figures fb.me/6AemfgKad
(NEW) Question of the Night:
Ask Us Anything
Voicemail Line: 502-526-5821
Twitter: @GeekCastRadio@ Hashtag #AlteredGeek
Facebook: GeekCast Radio Network
Steve “Megatron” Phillips
Mike “TFG1” Blanchard
Mike “Birdman” Dodd
Regarding the whole people are sick of dark superhero movies. my question is what dark superhero movies are they talking about? I mean the only ones I can think of are the Dark Knight franchise and Man of Steel. Everything else has been light. I also doubt Ant-man will be a dark superhero movie. Marvel tends to always have their first trailre be more serious. Avengers was the same way. So war Iron Man. With Paul Rudd starring I can guarantee you it won’t be very serious.
well Batman 89 was dark but that was a reimagining of the character so that is forgivable Batman Returns was 4 times as dark, and I actually can’t stand that film because of it. So those are the two examples I can think of
Those movies are 25 years old though. If we are sick of something that applies there is a current abundance. I do not see a current abundance of dark superhero movies.
Those actually were too dark too. But I did enjoy 1989 Batman. The others I feel are god awful.
Again as I said above the DC Films are dark. Marvel Entertainment seems to have the right balance.
DC does not know how to do light films. When they do they give us Batman and Robin and Catwoman. If I had to choose I would a million times choose getting another dark DC film than getting another Batman and Robin.
I am getting a real dark vibe from the latest Avengers trailer. So it is not just DC anymore.
The Marvel Universe almost needed it a bit but I am not sure what is going on anymore really. DC is always dark but needs some lighter moments. Unfortuneatley TV is the best avenues for DC. I still thin Avengers AOU will be good though.
Regarding the whole people are sick of dark superhero movies. my question is what dark superhero movies are they talking about? I mean the only ones I can think of are the Dark Knight franchise and Man of Steel. Everything else has been light. I also doubt Ant-man will be a dark superhero movie. Marvel tends to always have their first trailre be more serious. Avengers was the same way. Same with Iron Man. With Paul Rudd starring I can guarantee you it won’t be very serious.
This podcast has become so bitter and cynical. Last week you couldn’t stop complaining about Star Trek and how it’s horrible now. Really? Did you not watch the old movies, 90% of them are god awful. The new films are a trillion times better than they are. And you had the audacity to say Nolan was a bad director. Wow.
All you guys do anymore is complain about everything. You make it seem like everything about today is awful and it was so much better back when you were younger, oh and teenagers today are awful. Did this podcast come with an honorary AARP card.
What happened with having fun?
I think DC has the Dark Films. Marvel seems to have that right balance
of light heartedness when they do things. I think the Marvel
Entertainment not Fox or Sony films are the right balance we need. Not
saying Nolan is Bad Director I just can’t stand his films past The Dark Knight. His Inception was good and Prestige. But Other than those 4 I dislike Nolan’s works. He is the Abrams to me of Dark Films.
I realize we have gotten down that path but again not trying to. Was spouting opinions. I am not saying films back in the 70’s or 80’s or 90’s were just stellar either. I just enjoyed them more even on return watches. There are some that I can’t bare to watch again though. Not all the classic treks were good. 2,4,6,7,8 were the best ones of the old days. The rest IMO are crap.
I am welcome to new ideas for the show but being lately haven’t had feedback to guage what we should discuss or not. So it’s been whatever comes up is what we discuss.
The only other movie Nolan has made since the Dark Knight movies is Interstellar. Did you not like that? So you don’t like Insomnia or Memento? Those are the only movies he made you didn’t mention you liked.
I give you Star Trek 2 was good. 4 is more goofy than good. If they made that movie today people would hate it and call it dumb. 6,7, and 8 are fine but don’t hold a candle to 2009’s Trek.
I have no idea what you should discuss its not my podcast. The topics are fine just so much complaining lately. Its one thing if its time to time, or topic to topic. Just the last few episodes I literately had to stop cause it was wall to wall complaining. What I don’t understand is one week you guys will complain that DC isn’t telling us enough about what they are doing,and then the next week you are like why do they need to tell us this information. You get what you ask for and then you complain about it. That’s what I don’t understand.
I tried to watch them and keep an open mind, and I did see them, I just didn’t like them on Nolan’s.
Trek 2 and 6 and 8 were great. It gave the characters something to do and evolved their personas. 4 I give you that. 7 I enjoy because it was a great passing of the torch.
Trek 2009 I do enjoy for what it is. It is still not Trek, it is a mix of that and the Prequel Star Wars films. Into Darkness there’s more wrong there than I care to rehash. 2009 was again fairly steller by comparison. Just didn’t like some of the writing on it. The special effects are insanely better I don’t argue there.
Again sorry for the dark episodes, just haven’t had any suggestions on anything from anyone. The conversation naturally went there it wasn’t that I intended for us to hit those roads again.
Yeah I think we aren’t sure what to expect on the DC front haha. We’ve been talking and discussing some new ideas for the show to bring it more positive influx.