Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:32:25 — 52.9MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | https://www.geekcastradio.com/subscribe/
Sitting down this week the guys discuss their TMNT toy’s, 80’s Properties, Games, Cereal, Full House-ish and a multitude of other topics. Sprinkled in the midst of the discussions are news articles pertaining to the random discussions. Thank you again to all who responded last week and we hope you join in the conversation this week as well. We hope you continue enjoy this change of pace from constant news coverage. We do have some changes in the coming weeks for AGU to make it more engaging. All this and more on this week’s AGU! We hope you continue to enjoy the episodes and please feel free to respond to any and all feedback methods. We will read and reply on the show. Topic suggestions also welcome. So get Altered, Get Geeky with the Altered Geeks.
SHOW NOTES / COOL LINKS:
- Guardians Of The Galaxy’s Chris Pratt Willing To Appear On Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. com/2014/11/16/gua… via @ComicBookdotcom
- MTV’s Scream series will have a “darker” mask possibly made of flesh ly/11bL7im pic.twitter.com/KVGG5UVaNE
- @AtBobGilmer @TFG1Mike An icing on the cake would be use the Sub-Prime Krang traitor on Roseanne and become the classic update of Krang.
- ‘Arrow’: Laurel’s Black Canary costume is revealed. mash.to/1v4VQZq pic.twitter.com/D5pvmkv83G
- Meet the Tesla K80: Nvidia’s most powerful graphics card yet has an insane 24GB of RAM ly/1u1zsto pic.twitter.com/S87tkHpdz7
- 3 Companies That Could Unify Podcasting Services and Possibly the Community – com/3-companies-th… channelhank.com/3-companies-th…
- Skype’s finally coming to the web! But don’t try sneaking in early. Skype face is unamused. ly/11nWXqR pic.twitter.com/OZuujAFQAm
- Something @BirdmanDodd “discovered” a few years ago with the true meaning of Full House LOL. wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti…
- This is a winter hat they are selling at Walmart. Lol. You can even kind of see out of the eyes! pic.twitter.com/4Q4xl3kJJR
- Gordie Howe takes turn for the worse, as dementia goes off the charts freep.com/1qNc2rJ via @freep
- Honda is using G.I. Joe, Jem, Skeletor and more of your childhood pals to sell you a car: com/skeletor-gi-jo… pic.twitter.com/QQ2Wzfvkxi
- Find a Cheap Deal on Amazon? Walmart Will Match It.ly/1yHoFsC pic.twitter.com/i1E84fIQxO
- Winter is coming… 15 life hacks that will help you get through it – ly/1ubGJKA pic.twitter.com/9Nz2PfXhI0
- Captain America: Civil War: Will the Red Skull Return? We theorize about today’s casting news: ign.com/UQXgFOh pic.twitter.com/VRjtMco8IW
- I thought this was cool AND THEN realized those were friggin deluxes! Damn! Great work. twitter.com/92qHXoG9Kb
- Jesse Eisenberg shaved his head, probably for ‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’ (photos) batman-news.com/2014/11/14/jes…
- Key and Peele are resurrecting the Police Academy franchise. twitter.com/EtPJSOi3Z4
- Art Gallery: The Time Travelers Hidden In Thrift Store Paintings (by Dave Pollot) io9.com/ar8HpOe pic.twitter.com/rqCr4wcKQl
- Convergence thoughts on DC Comics (Nostalgia is good in MODERATION, cape comics can’t survive on it, and diversity is something they should never be taking backwards steps on. Convergence isn’t just about nostalgia for fans, it’s about returning to a more diverse DCU.)
- Exclusive: Joker returns from the shadows in BATMAN #37: ENDGAME to/eLwKFjI pic.twitter.com/tmn2nNyf8e
(NEW) Question of the Night:
- What movies would you fantasy cast and put obscure characters in (doesn’t need to be demented like us) ?
Voicemail Line: 502-526-5821
Twitter: @GeekCastRadio@ Hashtag #AlteredGeek
Facebook: GeekCast Radio Network
Steve “Megatron” Phillips
Mike “TFG1” Blanchard
Mike “Birdman” Dodd
I always thought the ultimate TMNT toy was the party wagon. I favored it over the Batmobile even
I liked all the vehicles from my fav toons and stuff when I was a kid. The Turtle Van, the Batmobile, Wind Raider, Sky Sled etc. That 89 batmobile was amazing for it’s time.
I would also go with the Technodrome over the Party Wagon any day of the week myself.
They should go back to a time where they put stuff in cereal boxes. Be in that the cereal I eat now would have some weird prizes in side. I am sure Kashi could come with some sort of organic wood kit you can use to make a canoe or something weird.
Funny thing is though the things they are doing now are even better. Yea its not in the box but you can use points to get something that is actually worth getting.
I remember the days when you would buy a bottle of pop and open the cap to see you won something like a free bottle and you could then use that cap to actually purchase something. I hate how now you get a code and you have to log into something, give them your email, save up points, blah blah blah. By the time you win something you have to go through hoop after hoop.