Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:06:22 — 60.8MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | https://www.geekcastradio.com/subscribe/
Steve and Mike sit down and talk some of this week’s interesting news articles ranging from space, a particular sequel film, our thoughts on the DC Cinematic Universe and more! All this and more on this week’s AGU! We hope you continue to enjoy the episodes and please feel free to respond to any and all feedback methods. We will read and reply on the show. Topic suggestions also welcome. So get Altered, Get Geeky with the Altered Geeks.
SHOW NOTES / COOL LINKS:
- NASA’s real life Enterprise may take us to other star systems one day https://sploid.gizmodo.com/holy-crap-nasas-interplanetary-spaceship-concept-is-fr-1589001939/+jesusdiaz
- NASA unveils its futuristic warp drive starship – called Enterprise, of course https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/184143-nasa-unveils-its-futuristic-warp-drive-starship-called-enterprise-of-course via @extremetech
- Dumb and Dumber To – Official Trailer Premiere: https://youtu.be/lGXHVlEklgQ
- Warner Bros Tours @WarnerBrosTours – Have you heard the news?! #WBBatmanExhibit begins June 26th!
- Batman: Arkham Knight has been delayed until 2015: go.ign.com/1nKIeiU | pic.twitter.com/AzQ1ck2tEq
- Disney Launching Lion King Sequel Series ‘The Lion Guard’ – /Film https://www.slashfilm.com/lion-king-sequel-series/
- It came from the future: Walmart’s next-gen delivery truck. https://bit.ly/1s5LQho
- Batman: 75 Greatest Ever Moments https://whatculture.com/film/batman-75-greatest-ever-moments.php
- Vincent D’Onofrio to Play Kingpin in Marvel and Netflix’s “Daredevil” – Comic Book Resources https://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=53347
- Did Amazon Really Just Declare War…On The Lego Movie? https://moviepilot.com/1498322
- IT’S HERE! The first teaser for #BirdmanMovie, starring @MichaelKeaton, @galifianakisz, @EdwardNorton & many more: bit.ly/1mN59nb
- Harrison Ford hurt in Millennium Falcon-related injury on #StarWars set. Blames Chewie. joblo.com/movie-news/har… pic.twitter.com/qexm9QtKmC
- (NEW) Question of the Night:
- Unleash the Geek in You with tonight’s question on #AlteredGeek “What this year has been the biggest Geek news/film/event important to you?” Sound off!
Voicemail Line: 502-526-5821
Twitter: @GeekCastRadio@ Hashtag #AlteredGeek
Facebook: GeekCast Radio Network
Steve “Megatron” Phillips
Mike “TFG1” Blanchard
With the Amazon against the WB debate Amazon has nothing to worry about. WB needs Amazon more than Amazon needs WB. Amazon is the highest rated company in the US, highly profitable, and constantly growing. WB on the other hand can’t even get their heads on straight enough to figure out what they are doing.
You are so right sir! WB is a cluster ****
I think the biggest geek thing to happen this year was probably the casting of Star Wars. People were speculating for months before it was finally revealed
That I am actually really stoked for. Best thing is that JJ Abrams really knows how to make a Star Wars film. My proof is Star Trek reboots, which as a particular youtube video shows, is his demo reel.
I am also excited to see the originals return to the fold. Very awesome to see the REAL cast return.
I agree with that as well. The idea of Max Von Sedow playing a Sith lord has me ubber excited. You can also add to that the other movies they are making with the guy who made Godzilla.
Don’t know if this qualities as Geeky per say. For me it is a childhood dream come true and that is the WWE network. I grew out of wrestling a few years ago due to lack of time. Now I’m back on board. Well I mostly just watch the old stuff from when I was a kid. Having it all at a push of a button is ultra awesome.
Hey anything can be geeky if it’s something you’re into and “Geek” out about. I used to watch wrestling back in the days of WCW and NWO lol. Great times as I recall. I just have a hard time getting into it now with little of the original ones of those days left in it.
yeah WWE Network looks like super awesome, you can be caught up on current events as well as re living all the old ones at the same time. I have yet to get it, but for Wrestling fans it’s the best thing ever. I do have plans to do a WWE topic on GeekCast Radio eventually… just so you know.
I have the WWE network and its awesome. I got it just for Wrestlemania but now I am going to keep it.
I can not really think of anything all that big that has happened this year in the geek world honestly. Original Sin for Marvel has been really good so far, and hearing how they are going to kill Wolverine has me interested in seeing how that plays out.
Yeah not sure what they plan to do with Wolverine. I am intrigued. But he’ll never stay dead. Just like Batman, Spiderman, Superman, Green Lantern, etc.
To me the biggest news story has been this Superman vs Batman movie. Just so much has be said about it. The casting of Lex Luther was a huge uproad. The reveal of the suit was huge online, even the title was all over the place for a while. It is the story that won’t die.
For me the biggest geek thing that has happened this year, well what my friends have been talking about the most is this season of Game of Thrones. Huge deaths of course. Finally that SOB got his (Spoilers) The controversy of the now famous scene after that, and so much more. Each episode had something awesome to talk about. Very sad the season is already over.
I 100% agree. This season of GOT has been by far the best yet.